About the role
We’ve got an exciting opportunity to join the us as a Player Care Officer. In this varied role, you will provide a comprehensive, first-class to our Players to ensure that they have minimal distraction from practical issues.
What will you be doing?
You will be part of a small team that delivers first class, proactive assistance to Players by providing services which will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Players in setting up their homes with their desired living arrangements and liaise with third parties such as
- helping set up tenancy agreements,
- cleaning services,
- liaising with local authorities regarding council tax,
- TV, telephone/broadband suppliers and mobile phone providers,
- Insurance companies
- Sourcing driving lessons and private chefs
- Setting up families with both private and NHS healthcare.
- Handling of all incoming items delivered for players into the training centre and organising couriers and postage of outgoing items.
- Facilitating the signing of merchandise on behalf of the players.
- Providing a concierge service for all players as and when required.
- Moving and securing vehicles on the car park and organising vehicle cleaning, vehicle deliveries and collections and connecting players with preferred suppliers.
- Organising and facilitating the servicing and repair and taxing and insuring of vehicles.
- Making travel arrangements for players and their visitors.
- General administrative duties, for example raising Purchase Orders, paying bills, handling players ticket requests etc.
- Undertaking additional duties during times of peak workload, such as end of season arrangements, and hosting families and friends of the players at events such as finals.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful, you will have previous experience in a Player Care or similar in a customer focussed elite environment. You will also need to have expert office, organisational and interpersonal skills. You’ll be proactive with a confidence to work independently on your own initiative
You will have good IT and language skills together with knowledge of the local area. You’ll also be a team player with a flexible approach to work with regards to both duties and days and hours to meet the needs of the business and have a full clean driving license.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday. Your main base will be our AXA Training Centre, located in Kirkby. This role will involve occasional travel with the team in the UK and overseas as and when required
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
We aspire to be the most inclusive club in world football - providing fair and appropriate opportunities to as many people from different backgrounds as possible, being welcoming and meeting their needs as best we can. We are committed to hiring great people representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, not just because it`s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our Club stronger. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.