About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Retail E-Commerce team at Liverpool FC as an E-Commerce Product Owner. Reporting into the Senior Manager, E-Commerce Product you will be responsible for building out and managing the backlog for all LFC Retail E-Commerce global platforms (store.liverpoolfc.com & LFC Store Apps(s) as the primary products) This role has no direct line management responsibility, but you will work with the Senior Manager, E-Commerce Product, to develop the global digital strategy and increase the level of knowledge and productivity within the wider business. You will work closely with the trading side of the E-Commerce team and the wider stakeholders to best achieve the business goals.
What will you be doing?
- Prioritise and groom the sprint backlog for all E-Commerce products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders with customer benefits.
- Responsible for scope, scheduling, and delivery of all developments, such as timely delivery of value; organizing project status and working meetings; preparing and distributing progress reports; managing risks and issues; correcting deviations from plans; and performing delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Management of 3rd party relationships and software.
- Supporting the Senior Manager, E-Commerce Product in developing the digital road map for all E-Commerce digital products.
- Working within an Agile environment, translate the product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria, and keep this prioritised as the roadmap evolves.
- Work with internal SCRUM teams, system integrators and other partners to ensure product feature enhancements are deployed on time and that bugs are fixed within SLA’s.
- Work with both internal and external QA to ensure work carried out meets quality and functional requirements.
- Support business case creation to ensure E-Commerce receives the budgets and investment needed to drive growth and opportunity.
- Develop and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting of product feature performance post-launch to evaluate future investment and continuous investment.
Strategic Market Development
- Responsible for the developing E-Commerce Retail digital products ensuring brand representation is of the highest quality to fans.
- Deliver and exceed the annual sales/profit plan for all E-commerce stores against the set budget.
- Continually review key markets via tiers, fan base, country potential and evaluate sales/profit opportunities.
- Identify and develop market specific annual/seasonal business plans to achieve short and long-term growth.
- Work alongside the Merchandising trade and Commercial teams to achieve the International Market Expansion strategic plans and devise a long-term (3-5 year) plan that meets its objectives and review annually.
- Keep up to date with competitor information and market trends, evaluating this data to present recommendations and new initiatives focusing on building and enhancing the customer experience.
- Support the E-Commerce Trade team to Develop targeted onsite audience groups to personalise the store experience for fans all around the world.
- Ensure the E-Commerce platforms offers a relevant, engaging and modern retail experience.
- Optimising the customer journey on all e-commerce channels to increase conversion rates and the NPS.
- Identifying areas to improve and devising testing cycles and ensuring these are managed from end to end.
- Collect ideas from industry best-practice to influence the product roadmap.
- Take a leading role in the ongoing conversion optimisation and personalisation programme.
- Monitor user journeys to spot points of friction and opportunities for improvement.
- Staying up-to-date on any new CRO tools, applications, and industry research.
- Use reporting and monitoring tools to inform new product developments.
- Performing implementations, developing segments, and customizing marketing channel configurations.
- Use available reporting and analytics tools to report regularly on UX/MVT performance.
- Increase the list of journeys we monitor to be able to report on UX performance.
- Work alongside cross functional colleagues, (e.g. Finance and Legal Counsel) to ensure that all E commerce stores follow legal requirements across financial reporting, data protection, GDPR and other compliance areas.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will have experience in e-commerce in a retail merchandising environment and knowledge of product ownership. You will have both a creative and analytical mindset. You will have a strong analytics background and comfortable creating and interpreting reports including specifically with Google Analytics and BI tools. Additionally, being able to showcase and display complex results and information. A knowledge of a wide range of e-commerce software and tools is beneficial. You will be an expert on the product and user personas who integrate with our digital channels. Experience with Trello, Jira, Gitlab or similar tools will be valuable for the role as well as, an understanding of warehouse systems and stock management.
You will have the ability to work to deadlines and KPIs and be able to self-manage. It is important you can prioritise your workload and work under pressure. You will be an excellent communicator and be able to work independently as well as in and supporting a team. As this is a cross-functional role, you will need the capability to learn fast on the job.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. This role is Hybrid.
Interviews will be week commencing 20th March 2023.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.