About the role
We are looking for a Software Tester with experience of working on a variety of software to join our team in Liverpool. In this very varied role where no two days are ever the same, you will be responsible for executing against the test strategy; supporting the development and execution of a wide range of test scripts to assure quality of code and ensure a positive fan experience.
What will you be doing?
- Adhering to best practice testing methodologies as defined by the Manager, QA; contributing to practice reviews and supporting the implementation of lessons learned.
- Producing a test plan for new products and key updates.
- Creating and the execution of a wide range of functional and non-functional test scripts and cases for releases at LFC; working with various stakeholders where appropriate.
- Ensuring Technology’s deliverables are of a sufficient standard and represent the Fan / Business, ensuring a consistent interface / functionality set across our most popular devices.
- Assuring the quality of code through the application of best practice testing procedures.
- Executing best practice SIT & regression testing across all applications.
- Conducting security testing.
- Supporting the maintenance of testing tools at LFC.
- Keeping all testing tools / artifacts up to date as testing cycles progress.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful you will have proven experience in software testing position, including a ISQTB qualification. You will have good knowledge of testing tools and the software development lifecycle. You’ll have previous experience of process management and the ability to identify and appropriately manage risk and issues.
You will be able to demonstrate the ability to translate business requirements into technical user stories and have the experience of writing test strategies, plans and test cases. You’ll have a good understanding of release and deployment management processes and activities together with knowledge of technology integrations and integration platforms. As this is a collaborative role, you will have strong stakeholder management skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week 5 out of 7 days. Your main base will be our Head Office in Liverpool City Centre which is close to local bars, shops and restaurants and has great views over the river Mersey.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.