About the role
Here at Liverpool Football Club, we are recruiting for a Skilled Grounds Person to join our Grounds team to help provide the best possible pitch standards in football.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure all playing surfaces are maintained to the very highest standard and are always playable.
- Carry out daily pitch maintenance duties including mowing, aerating, line marking, divoting, chemical foliar spraying and fertilising.
- Ensure that all daily maintenance work is recorded accurately and logged in accordance with Company procedures.
- Be proactive in maintaining grass health and be able to identify problems such as weeds, pests, diseases and report to line manager.
- Operate irrigation systems, set up irrigation programmes to match requirements. Carry out basic maintenance, report issues, oversee repairs. Understand drainage system and undersoil heating systems.
- Effectively maintain all synthetic surfaces, following the required maintenance regime, ensuring hygiene and safety standards are always met.
- Support in the completion of all end of season pitch renovation works across all sites within the necessary timeframes, to ensure that all playing surfaces are to the required standards ahead of the new season starting.
- Ensure that all Club equipment is maintained and cleaned to the highest standard, escalating any equipment issues/damage to the management team where necessary.
- Safely operate a range of horticultural equipment and machinery ensuring all is maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements.
- Other duties that fall within your post as requested by a Line Manager.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have previous experience working within a ground’s maintenance role within a sporting environment and have a completed NVQ in Level 3 Sports Turf. You must be qualified in safe use of pesticides Pa1 and Pa6, and qualified to safely operate mowers, utility vehicles, and tractors.
5 year’s previous experience working in sports grounds and a qualification in the safe use of pesticides Pa2 is also beneficial but not essential.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 40 hours per week on a 5 from 7 basis based out of our Anfield Stadium.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch.
We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.