About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Liverpool FC team as a Media Product Owner. In this role, you will play a product leadership role in the department and organisation of several high profile, global, fan facing club products, primarily (but not limited to) LFCTV GO, YouTube Memberships and LFC Podcasts. You will manage the roadmap for the products, help nurture ideas, extract and retrieve information and work throughout the development process with the delivery team.
What will you be doing?
- Manage the LFCTV GO, LFC Podcast and LFC YouTube Membership products with regards to maintenance and roadmap of new features. This involves backlog maintenance, budget management of opex and capex spend, ticket and story creation for dev teams, supplier management and many other complex tasks.
- Develop and deliver product strategies in line with the club objectives, not just in revenue areas but also around audience growth, partnerships support and retail support.
- Ensure all payment and subscription management of LFCTV GO complies to PCI and other financial regulatory requirements.
- Ensure LFCTV GO complies to all OFCOM regulatory reporting for ODPS (accessibility) requirements.
- Stay across user and market trends and feedback into the product roadmap to stay competitive.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to maximise the above product’s marketing campaigns.
- Aim for stretch targets on product KPIs including revenue, traffic, first party data etc.
- Manage external suppliers with regards to development requirements, contracts, renewals or replacements.
- Lifecycle the products from tender to delivery to sunsetting and replacement where needed over the product lifecycle.
- Monitor and record product analytics and report back into product teams and other stakeholders to report performance.
- Schedule and manage all relevant product ceremonies (eg. product meetings, retros, sprint planning, etc), surface issues, identify fixes and advance projects, manage daily project goals and product schedules, adjusting expectations and setting priorities.
- Help resolve customer issues with Supporter Services team.
- Resolve technical issues with suppliers and internal dev teams.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful, you will have experience of working with subscription and payment platforms and will have a good understanding of the product market landscape with detailed knowledge of OTT platforms. You will be up to date with market trends and developments and technological advancements. You will understand the fan and business perspective and be able to address their concerns and needs during product development. You will have strong project management skills with knowledge of software such as Jira, Trello etc as well as experience of agile methodologies. You will have experience of managing budgets and producing reports.
With your effective stakeholder management skills, you can communicate efficiently and effectively and work well in a team. You will have an analytical mind, great problem solving skills and confident in implementing change. You will have good organisation and time management skills.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week. Your main base will be our Chapel Street office which is close to local bars, shops and restaurants and has great views over the river Mersey.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.