About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Fan Experience Team as a Mascot Executive on a temporary basis. In this role you will support the delivery of the Might Red Mascot programme, which promotes the values of Liverpool FC. You will be creating an accessible and engaging programme of activity, which connects with a family audience and the next generation of fans.
What will you be doing?
- Act as Mighty Red’s assistant, ensuring the safety of the performer whilst also interacting with a diverse audience.
- When performing as the character you will be constantly in costume and be required to move about in costume during events/appearances to entertain fans whilst working in excessive heat or cold under demanding physical conditions.
- Work with children, young families, and vulnerable adults
- Be a Mighty Red brand ambassador
- Be responsible for management and maintenance of character costume
- Adhere to the Club principles of safeguarding
- Professional commitment to maintain anonymity of performers
- Be flexible for work hours beyond the typical work week for events both during the evenings and weekends, and plan to arrive early and be prepared for appearances.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism when representing Liverpool football club and its Partners.
- Responsible for daily publication of content on the Mighty Red social media platforms
- Responsible daily for conception, production, and delivery of social content utilising Mighty Red tone of voice to engage and react directly with core and secondary audience on social platforms
- Work with wider team to shape how the Club presents the Mighty Red Programme to fans worldwide across social media through the introduction of creative new ideas and concepts and formats, with a strong focus on video and graphics.
- Work as part of the wider team to help ideate, conceive, and execute innovative and dynamic ideas involving Mighty Red
- Provide matchday social media coverage at Anfield and virtually at away matches across all competitions Premier League, Champions League, WSL and Academy.
- Ideation content planning for Mighty Red digital engagement, supporting internal departments – Partnership Activations, E-Magazine, Membership activations, Stadium Tours promotion, Red Neighbours.
- Plan and update the wider team with content plan for the season to help meet wider business goals.
- Creative writing - utilising mighty red persona to: create Blogs and content for e-magazine, respond to letters to fans, Script writing for Mighty Red live performance for both character & assistant.
- Filming content – Utilising tools available to film engaging content
- Editing video and picture content – Utilising tools available to edit engaging content
- Producing - production of photo and video content suitable to Mighty Red audiences
- Follow the Liverpool FC Safeguarding policy by taking part in training and ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults.
- Adhering to Liverpool FC Health and Safety guidelines
Who are we looking for?
To be successful you will have proven experience within social media, creating content for social platforms and experience of character performance within performing arts training, acting, dance, music and drama. You’ll have excellent knowledge of social platforms focussing on (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube etc and have a strong editorial judgement around post content. Experience of social media logistic platforms for scheduling, approving, publishing, tagging, and reporting is desired but not essential.
You’ll be able to demonstrate the ability to work within a cross functional media and marketing team to deliver club campaigns, including being able to react fast to real time situations and make confident and considered decisions. You’ll have the ability to report on content performance and work flexible hours and travel locally and internationally.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time temporary role working 35 hours per week on a 5 from 7-day basis. Your main base will be our Anfield Stadium.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
We aspire to be the most inclusive club in world football - providing fair and appropriate opportunities to as many people from different backgrounds as possible, being welcoming and meeting their needs as best we can. We are committed to hiring great people representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, not just because it`s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our Club stronger. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to a DBS check and safer recruitment references.