About the role
The Partnership Solutions Team own the development and articulation of Liverpool FC’s partnership proposition. The team act as a group of in-house consultants, attaching themselves to individual conversations with prospective and current partners to craft compelling sales and renewals narratives, taking a lead on the drafting of decks, proposals and business cases that secure new/ongoing investment in the club.
They are responsible for bringing together expertise from across the club to ensure that Liverpool FC sets the industry standard for crafting thoughtful, inspiring and impactful partnerships underpinned by data.
Due to growth of the team, we are looking for a brand / partnerships marketer with strong commercial acumen to join our Partnerships Team where you will take the lead on developing new business and partner renewal proposals. You’ll work closely with stakeholders across the partnerships department and wider club, building out tailored narratives and developing presentations and other materials that support partnership sales / renewal efforts.
What will you be doing?
- Lead proposition development for multi-million pound deals with prospective Partner and renewals with existing partners.
- Craft the narrative and sales materials for individual sales conversations and renewals of existing partners.
- Develop the Heads of Terms for each sales and renewal project ensuring it addresses key partner objectives.
- Attend and contribute to meetings and pitches where expertise is required.
- Support the development of the Liverpool FC partnership proposition.
- Maintain a detailed and current understanding of how LFC’s major competitors within sports and the wider entertainment sector are positioning themselves in the market.
- Contribute to the development of new rights and assets.
- Identify trends from the wider world of sponsorship and marketing and advise the club on how we can adapt our offering to meet the current and future needs of major global brands.
Who are we looking for?
With a proven track record of working with global, blue-chip brands, you will have a strong knowledge of the wider sports and entertainment landscape. You will have gained experience working in sports marketing and/or brand marketing at an agency, brand or major rights holder. You will have excellent understanding of social media platforms and digital marketing strategies, with the ability to speak confidently and knowledgeably about third party and owned platforms.
You will be an all-rounder who can work creatively, strategically and logically. You’ll be a natural collaborator who is confident working with a variety of people and have outstanding ability to communicate across a variety of mediums.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role. Your base will either be our Head Office in Liverpool City Centre or our London office. You will also be required to attend matches from time to time and international travel will be required as well.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.