About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Liverpool FC team as a Lead YDP Physiotherapist. In this role, you will lead the team responsible and contribute to the ongoing development of a world class high performance Academy Medical Department by managing the Physiotherapy Provision for the Youth Development Phase.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring the health of all youth players aged 9-16.
- Providing medical care on all aspects of players health under the guidance and with the authority of the Head of Academy Physiotherapy and Academy Doctor to include; liaising with doctor around obtaining specialist opinions, attending appointments with and liaising with team on outcomes for 9-16 players, and providing leadership to the Youth Development phase physiotherapy provision in terms of development, line management, process and best practice.
- Diagnosing and establishing treatment and rehabilitation plans for players in the Youth Development Phase.
- Implementation of preventative strategies.
- Show evidence of having significant knowledge/having done research in the management and rehabilitation of players in this age group.
- Experience in collection, analysis and interpretation of data on growth phases in this age group.
- Collaborating with football coaching staff, player care, psychology and safeguarding to optimise youth player performance and overall health.
- Carrying out and overseeing all investigations as required.
- Attending consultations with specialists to ensure that appropriate treatment decisions are made, if requested.
- Maintaining contemporaneous medical notes to an exemplary standard and ensuring note keeping systems are up to date.
- Ensuring high levels of professionalism and patient confidentiality.
- Being involved in performance appraisals with physiotherapy staff and recommending training and development where appropriate.
- Actively contributing to multi-disciplinary meetings for the Youth Development phase to provide expertise and insight to colleagues regarding player rehabs, injuries etc.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will be a fully qualified Chartered Physiotherapist and a member of the Health & Care professions council. You will have proven experience of managing a team and working in a matrixed multidisciplinary structure. You will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge and experience of applying safeguarding best practice within an elite sporting environment. You will have a good understanding of the requirements around EPPP and the safeguarding of young players and to provide for the players emotional needs is also important for this role.
You will have the ability to communicate complex medical information across a varied group including players, parents and coaches as well as the ability to communicate effectively and create the right development environment demonstrating role model behaviour. You will have an appreciation of the pressures and commitments required for youth players involved in elite sport and are able to promote an ethos which is one of high aspirations and achievement for all. You will be willing to undertake continued professional development which is organised by the Club.
Why should you apply?
This is a full time role working to meet the medical needs of a 9-16s football schedule. Your main base will be our Academy training ground in Kirkby.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag after a 6 months probatory period, where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.