About the role
Liverpool FC Foundation is looking to recruit Coaches to work on our Kicks programme. The coaching opportunities exist throughout the Merseyside area delivering high-quality coaching sessions and additional diversionary activities as a role model to young people aged 8 to 19 years in accordance with the standards and professionalism expected by LFC Foundation to be the "World`s Leading Foundation".
This exciting opportunity will require successful applicants to have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish good relationships with participants and local stakeholders. The sessions take place from around 5pm Monday to Fridays so applicants would need to have availability across a minimum of 3 evenings per week.
What will you be doing?
- To plan and deliver quality football coaching sessions appropriate to the age and ability of the participants.
- To produce and evaluate session plans for all activities.
- To undertake dynamic risk assessments.
- To always adhere to LFC Foundation Safeguarding procedure.
- To have experience in youth engagement and positively impacting young people with diversionary activities, with an understanding of factors that affect their lives.
- To ensure that all LFC Foundation equipment is in good working order and assembled properly - to report to the Foundation any equipment that needs attention.
- To ensure that the LFC Foundation`s Codes of Conduct are adhered to at all times.
- To keep up to date registers for all activities.
- Registration forms collected and processed in line with LFC Foundation data protection policy.
- To attend training courses continuing professional development as required.
- To adhere to National Governing Body (FA) guidelines.
- Any other task which is deemed necessary by the LFC Foundation as it continuously grows.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for skilled football coaches with a FA Level 1 Football coaching qualification and FA Youth Modules as a minimum requirement. Successful candidates must have availability across weekday evenings. Excellent communication skills will be vital for regular interaction with participants, staff, parents and external representatives whilst representing the Club in a professional manner. We are also looking for candidates with youth work qualifications and/or experience of working with vulnerable young people. A successful candidate will need to have a proven track record of coaching football and experience working with a variety of different age groups. This should also include experience and local knowledge of youth engagement partners or strong links within grassroots football.
The role holder will have excellent communication and organisation skills, a positive attitude, a flexible approach, confidence, and a professional manner.
Why should you apply?
This is a casual role working on a casual zero-hours contract basis. Our programmes work in the evenings and weekends.
The office is based in Anfield Sports Community Centre, Lower Breck Road, but our programmes are mainly delivered across Liverpool and the surrounding areas.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.