About the role
Here at Liverpool Football Club, we are recruiting for a Head Chef to join our team. Working in our state-of-the-art kitchens, with our highly experienced and creative chefs, who are preparing, cooking, and serving a variety of high-quality menus for over approximately eight thousand covers on match days. As Head Chef, you will be responsible for all daily kitchen operations while leading the staff and managing all food related functions.
What will you be doing?
- Work to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
- Supervise all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high-quality product is produced.
- Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports.
- Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
- Manages all rotas, wage costs and stewards.
- Preparing and cooking foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Review and adjust systems and procedures in the kitchen to ensure their effectiveness.
- Develop, design, or create new menus and recipes based on standards or artistic contributions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of high-quality food products, presentations, and flavour.
- Know and implements Safety Standards.
- Supervise kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards, and procedures.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and report malfunctions.
- Support procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
- Develop and implement environmentally friendly processes and procedures for food preparation, energy use and waste management in the restaurant.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensures all production deadlines are met, for example match days and non-match day functions.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of chefs and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Supervise and manage employees. Manage all day-to-day operations. Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Estimate daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have previous experience within a similar role, managing employees and day to day operations within the kitchens (preferably within large events/ stadiums). Someone who possess a basic food hygiene qualification and has knowledge of COSHH, health, safety, and food hygiene policies.
Why should you apply?
At Liverpool Football Club, we believe that our chefs are the heart and soul of our business, and we are committed to providing them with the support and resources they need to thrive. From state-of-the-art kitchens and top-of-the-line equipment to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are dedicated to helping our chefs reach their full potential.
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week on a 5 from 7 basis. Your main base will be Anfield Stadium.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street and online discounts in local retail stores, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join such as Pension, Cycle to Work, and much more.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch.
We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.