About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual with a track record within people focused environments to join our Liverpool FC team as a HR Business Partnering - Employee Experience Lead. In this newly created and varied role, you will operate within a dedicated business area to lead the execution of forward-looking people planning and the implementation of change aligned to the people strategy and organisational objectives.
You will work in partnership with leaders, key stakeholders and HR colleagues to shape, develop and deliver HR plans and solutions in line with the needs and priorities of the Club. You’ll role model the delivery of a proactive, professional and customer focused Employee Experience strategy which is aligned to the Club’s values, objectives and quality standards.
What will you be doing?
• Provide solutions, advice, recommendations and interventions to key stakeholders and contacts on employment matters, influencing management and leadership around the people agenda in order to maximise service performance.
• Identify HR priorities from departmental people plans, translating business requirements into effective HR practices and delivering people solutions aligned to business objectives and strategies.
• Develop and implement local strategies for attraction, retention, engagement and development of people by understanding the business and acting as a thought leader
• Identifying HR priorities from Club and departmental plans, translating business requirements into effective HR practices and delivering people solutions aligned to business objectives.
• Delivering key HR initiatives across the HR spectrum, including workforce planning, restructuring, resourcing, talent management, pay and reward, employee relations, employee engagement and performance management.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the legal framework within which HR operates and keep up to date with external trends and contribute to the development of HR policies in line with current legislation and best practice.
• Analysing and reporting HR information to support with benchmarking and the development of HR strategies and solutions.
• Co- create solutions to drive improved employee engagement using technical know- how and best practice thinking.
• Create and maintain a high performing culture via a range of interventions including coaching, support, guidance and challenge to develop strong performing teams.
• Define the Club’s employee experience strategy throughout the entire employee lifecycle through the design and subsequent implementation of effective engagement tools.
• Responsible for developing, implementing, and promoting activities and programs that enhance overall employee experience, communication, and culture at LFC.
• Responsible for the annual engagement calendar with club relevant events including creating ‘magic moments’ and making them happen consistently through the club.
• Responsible for the group wide engagement survey and the annual performance cycle together with the actions for improvement.
• Ensure that our colleagues connect with the club’s mission and values and work closely with our internal comms team to share relevant information with colleagues.
• Responsible for leading, shaping and delivering our wellbeing and mental health strategy.
• Works in collaboration with the Director of Impact to drive the internal Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion agenda for the Club.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will have a proven track record in HR/People focused arena within a multi-site environment. You’ll have a strong understanding of the different aspects of the employee lifecycle with a passion for enhancing the employee experience and driving a high-performance culture. You will have a demonstrable knowledge of workplace wellbeing theory and common models as well as working knowledge of organisational psychology or change management principles. Ideally, you will be a MHFA Practitioner.
With your excellent influencing skills, you are confident working closely with senior management and can take all levels on the journey with you. Being organised and efficient, you get stuff done whilst working at pace. You are collaborative and a team player with a focus on service. As an independent thinker, you are creative and innovative and can identify opportunities to improve the employee experience utilising your knowledge and best practice from leading brands.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week. Your main base will be our Chapel Street office which is close to local bars, shops and restaurants and has great views over the river Mersey.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.