About the role
Here at Liverpool Football Club, we are looking for an experienced Food and Beverage Manager who will be responsible for the delivery of all F&B service functions in line with club standards and budgetary constraints. Working alongside all internal stakeholders, you will be managing the F&B delivery team to achieve a best-in-class operational delivery of service, for all match day hospitality, major events, and internal/ external business that is held at Anfield Stadium, and other club premises or external venues - and to control all associated costs.
What will you be doing?
- Manage, develop, and motivate the team responsible for the delivery of F&B and associated revenue Circa £13M per season. Ensuring goals are set and there is continual development that positively benefits business objectives.
- Ensure all SOP documents are current, updated as necessary in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders and applied consistently for service delivery across match day and non-match day events.
- Be the main point of contact to all stakeholders for F&B service delivery and to attend all necessary internal meetings.
- Ensure all health and safety, allergen procedures, food safety legislation and licencing requirements are always complied with for events held both at Anfield and off-site.
- Plan resources of F&B team across the financial year ensuring there is adequate cover for the delivery of the football season, closed season major events and non-match day events.
- Plan casual rota’s that meet the needs of the business and are in line with budgetary expectations for the set-up of match day and the set up and delivery of non-match day events – ensuring savings are made where practically possible.
- Ensure all reports are competent in the completion of all necessary paperwork pre-and post-event including management of online systems relating to staffing and financials.
- Be flexible to the needs of the business and changes to schedules at short notice.
- Forecast event revenue and set achievable targets to grow and maximise revenue opportunities for both match days and non-match days.
- Agree tariffs and ensure that GP is achieved against budgetary requirements. And to ensure that stock holding on site and wastage is controlled.
- Manage overhead lines related to service delivery within departmental budget Circa £500k in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders. And Circa £3M casual wage costs.
- Work with the Staffing team to manage casual staff requirements and subsequent offers of work.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who have previous experience at a senior level within a similar venue and can demonstrate previous experience of managing large scale events and operational teams within a high-pressure environment. Applicants must have proven ability to control costs and operating budgets and be an excellent communicator with the ability to lead a large team.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week, 5 from 7 days, including evenings and weekends. Your main base will be our Anfield Stadium.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code, and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.