About the role
Liverpool FC Foundation is offering an exciting opportunity to create and deliver high-quality employability programmes to provide life-changing opportunities in the most deprived areas of New York and New Jersey, helping to raise the aspiration and job prospects for all participants.
The Coordinator will be responsible for effective delivery of the Global Works programme teaching skills through sport, coordinating mentoring and supporting a participant’s pathway into work experience and eventually meaningful paid work.
The post holder will have the responsibility for coordinating some aspects of the project and will be expected to represent the LFC Foundation and the Premier League in a professional regarding dress, presentation, personal hygiene, attitude, conduct and professionalism at all times.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver sports-based employability programmes that both up-skills and raises the aspiration of the young people.
- Create curriculum work with external partners to achieve programme KPI’s
- Support with identification and recruitment of young people, working alongside the Foundation’s UK based marketing and wider employability team.
- Coordinate programme logistics including venue management, transport, food and accommodation.
- Ensure that the monitoring and evaluation framework is carried out effectively to ensure data is captured accurately and in line with our reporting procedures.
- Facilitate work experience placements that support both the young person and the employer.
- Support the management of risk across employability programmes to ensure the safety of all young people and staff.
- Continually carry out the quality assurance procedure to ensure consistent delivery of a world class programme.
- Incorporate the highest Safeguarding practices into all your work.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, it is vital you have experience in planning and delivering educational sessions, working with vulnerable adults and knowledge of mentoring in a youth work context. You will have experience of working in sport, with a good knowledge of local industry and experience in signposting young people to further opportunities.
The successful individual will be confident in communicating and can adapt their approach to meet the needs of others. You will have excellent presentation skills and have a high level of competency in Microsoft office. As there is a requirement for you to travel between New York and New Jersey, a full clean driving licence is essential to this role.
We’re committed to safeguarding young people, so the candidate must also have a level 1 (or higher) qualification in safeguarding young people, and a strong understanding of good safeguarding practices. Similarly, we also aim to be the most inclusive football club, so the candidate must be able to demonstrate understanding of inclusive youth work practices.
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 28th November 2022.
Why should you apply?
Liverpool Football Club are a global brand known around the world for amazing on pitch performance. The LFC Foundation is the official charity of Liverpool Football Club. The Foundation has been delivering employability programmes in Liverpool for many years and more recently in London.
The role involves work across many locations throughout New York and New Jersey in order to deliver the programme in the community. So, if you enjoy making a difference to real people out in the community, this role is for you!
This is a temporary position until December 2023 with potential to be extended, working 35 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days with some evening and weekend work required.
We are aiming to be the most inclusive football club - providing fair and appropriate opportunities to as many people from different backgrounds as possible, being welcoming and meeting their needs as best we can. We are committed to hiring great people representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, not just because it`s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our Club stronger. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to a satisfactory pre-employment background check.