About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Distribution Centre Team as a Driver/ Assistant. In this role you will ensure that all aspects of production work across store replenishment, e-Commerce fulfilment, goods intake and general DC responsibilities are completed in line with individual KPI’s, business service level agreements and trading/sales budgets.
You will be working within the LGV driver team and Forklift Truck section of the DC team, to provide driving and warehouse responsibilities across our 7.5tn fleet to support distribution of stock to our retail stores, stock replenishment and goods in services to accommodate and support high bay racking operation. Within both areas a requirement to ensure all legislative and licensed requirements are completed in full to a high standard of work and safety.
What will you be doing?
- When required drive both a 7.5tn LGV and transit sized vehicle to assist with the delivery of stock to retail stores and other external locations.
- Safety checks and vehicle management applicable to all users of all vehicles in the form of daily, weekly, and monthly checks and relevant admin reporting.
- Adhere to legal requirements of a LGV driver as outlined in the terms of the CPC Driver qualification.
- Use of the Forklift Truck to assist with the stock management and replenishment of stock from bulk locations within the DC, as well as stock management and auditing of stock within bulk locations.
- Aspects of safety checks and vehicle management applicable to all users of the FLT in the form of daily, weekly, and monthly checks and servicing.
- Ideally a full and up to date FLT License, ensuring qualifications and knowledge is maintained.
- Contribute towards all aspects of stock management, including goods intake, stock control, stock taking and general DC duties and responsibilities.
- Contribute towards all aspects of production duties within the DC operations including, Picking, Packing, Printing, in line with individual task KPI’s and business wide performance measures.
- Supporting and training all new staff (including agency) within all DC duties and responsibilities in line with site specific guidelines and standards.
- Completion of daily work sheets accurately and submitted daily to allow detailed analysis of working patterns and performance to be reviewed.
- Contribute towards ensuring that excellent housekeeping standards across all working areas are maintained and the working environment is a safe and efficient.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful, you will have a full clean UK Driving License, and a current CPC Driver qualification and ideally a FLT Driver qualification and license.
You’ll be able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of DC production operations and an excellent understanding and positive approach to customer service and expectations, including experience with LGV vehicle admin management and vehicle safety checks.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week any five days from seven. Your main base will be our Distribution Centre, which is based in Whiston, Merseyside.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.