About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Director of Fan Engagement!
What will you be doing?
- Coordinate, lead and embed the LFC Fan Engagement framework into the DNA of the Club.
- Influence and support stakeholders to understand best practises in engagement and challenge and educate areas that aren’t using the framework effectively.
- Design, implement and run internal governance to ensure that the framework is operating effectively and proactively used. Provide board level reporting on the areas of success and areas where improvement is needed.
- Proactively organise meetings and consultations as needed.
- Ensure legal mandates are met both by the Club and the Supporters’ Trust.
- Ensure we have conducted supporter consultations correctly as needed and meet our other legal responsibilities.
- Proactively engage with supporters with a view, acting as a conduit for directing issues to the appropriate department and tracking issue resolution.
- Day to day management and building of relationships with Fan Groups ensuring the Club speaks and listens to fans in the right forums in a timely fashion. Record and track details of engagement with fans for future reference.
- Lead Club work on the Premier League engagement standards alongside existing fan engagement frameworks. Ensure compliance to the standard completing any work needed to achieve this.
- Assist the Club management teams on issues of supporter interest, ensuring all parties are fully always briefed and facilitating direct engagement with supporters when and where appropriate.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to improve fan experiences for the long term.
- Liaise with relevant bodies and assisting in the communication of our messages as appropriate.
- Act as a spokesperson for the Club in fan related issues as needed.
- Maintain a close view on social media to monitor emerging issues.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful, you will be able to represent the interests of Liverpool supporters in discussions with external organisations. As well as being credible to supporters and able to build mutual respect with fan groups and lasting relationships with supporters and other key external parties.
You will have a strong understanding of the role social media plays in supporter politics, on fan behaviour and the dynamic between the various fan media groups. You will be able to able to articulate ideas clearly, communicate unambiguously and able to manage and influence internal stakeholders and challenge viewpoints on behalf of fans. A strong background and ethos of customer service and able to tackle problematic behaviour.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week 5 out of 7 days. Your main base will be our Head Office in Liverpool City Centre which is close to local bars, shops and restaurants and has great views over the river Mersey.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
We aspire to be the most inclusive club in world football - providing fair and appropriate opportunities to as many people from different backgrounds as possible, being welcoming and meeting their needs as best we can. We are committed to hiring great people representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, not just because it`s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our Club stronger. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.