About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Liverpool FC team as a Data Warehouse Technical Analyst. In this varied role, you will be responsible for the technical support, maintenance and UAT of the AWS Redshift marketing data warehouse. You will be based within the Marketing team supporting the Senior Manager, Marketing Data Environments with the ongoing development and modelling of the data warehouse to drive value for the business.
What will you be doing?
- Create, design and develop data models and report views in Redshift that can be analysed effectively in Redshift and Power BI by the Insights team.
- Conduct UAT of new data pipelines, validating and analysing results to ensure data integrity and usability.
- Work closely with data engineers to improve the way in which data is ingested, transformed and structured.
- Monitor daily loads and support the data engineers on any issues, failures and resolving with system owners.
- Support business users in their understanding of data available, produce ERDs, data dictionaries, document known issues and contribute to resolving them.
- Engage with Marketing Insight team (your customers) to capture and document data requirements to enable the team to conduct insight and marketing segmentation.
- Support needs for wider data environments within marketing where required, e.g. database within email platform and marketing orchestration tool
To be successful, you will be degree educated with a relevant degree in business/ data science/ mathematics or similar professional technical qualification. You will have considerable experience in technical support of data warehouse environments (Redshift, Azure or similar) and expert knowledge in writing and optimising SQL. With your breadth of demonstrable technical expertise, you will have detailed knowledge of single customer view/relational databases, star schemas, ETL tools and data modelling techniques.
You will a have strong understanding of the Martech landscape and how digital technical architectures hang together, i.e. software platforms & languages, analytics & tracking technologies, identity management. You will be experienced working to Scrum methodology and have a strong understanding of GDPR, marketing and data compliance.
You will have proven experience in successfully managing and influencing stakeholder relationships, with excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross functional teams. Having strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you understand how data environments will support a business commercially.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week. Your main base will be our Chapel Street office which is close to local bars, shops and restaurants and has great views over the river Mersey.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.