About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Liverpool FC Foundation team as a Community Marketing Manager. In this role you will be responsible for setting and implementing a marketing and communications strategy for community delivery programmes to ensure short, mid, and long-term success of each programme.
What will you be doing?
- Work with programme manager to understand needs and requirements in order to create a short-term strategy to support our current programme list to enable them to meet current season goals.
- Develop a longer-term strategy for programme delivery, improving efficiency of processes for support.
- Evaluating current processes and making necessary changes to maximise output.
- Create a working group with programme managers to ensure there is a dialogue between marketing and delivery.
- Provide support for the Senior Marketing Manager where necessary and feed into a wider communication strategy.
- Work with LFCF graphic design team to sustainably support programmes and hubs.
- Feed into digital marketing strategy documents and planning frameworks
- Identify and set the hierarchy of communications needs for impact areas and programmes based on business objectives and performance of programmes.
- Deliver partnership marketing and communication plans where there is a community delivery focus.
- Identify a means of communicating measurement, evaluation and learning on a regular basis.
- Feed these successes into a wider comms plan to utilise available materials to profile the success of LFC Foundation
- Work closely with Club PR, player, ambassador and legends teams to maximise impact and reach of player appearances for charitable purposes.
- Identify key stories and updates for internal communications to ensure both Club and Foundation colleagues are well informed of the charity’s achievements.
- Manage and develop people, conducting regular 121 meetings and appraisals to support personal and professional growth.
- Ensure all marketing activity is compliant with national/international legislation and internal policies and procedures to protect the charity and minimise risk.
- Responsible for managing and authorising expenditure to ensure costs are within LFC Foundation’s community marketing budget.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will have experience working within a marketing role across both commercial and non-profit sectors, including experience developing and managing brand partnerships and people. You’ll have a degree or equivalent qualification in marketing. You will be able to showcase excellent social media and digital marketing skills, including have excellent copywriting and proof-reading skills with keen eye for detail. You’ll be able to demonstrate strong team working and project management skills with experience running multi-channel and multi-stakeholder campaigns. You will also have good financial planning and management experience.
You’ll have substantial knowledge of marketing and communications operations, in particular within non-profit sectors, including knowledge and understanding of marketing and communication techniques, both on and offline. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of people management and development pathways. You’ll have a sound understanding of managing internal and external brand identities, partnerships marketing and marketing/advertising codes of practice and new GDPR data requirements.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week. Your main base will be our Head Office in Liverpool City Centre which is close to local bars, shops and restaurants and has great views over the river Mersey. However, the role will involve some work traveling to other locations across Merseyside.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.