About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Liverpool FC team as a Communications Manager. You will be a key member of the club’s communications team and you will pro-actively drive forward the public relations function, through a range of planned programmes of communications activity. This is a hands-on role which requires a high level of attention to detail, strategic thinking, creativity, and resilience.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible and accountable for developing and implementing communications plans for significant operational areas, club-wide projects, fan engagement and commercial partnerships across LFC.
- You will engage with the relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure all PR opportunities are maximised and the overall activity dovetails into the wider department/club PR planner.
- Act as guardians of the Club’s reputation – sense checking all activity for reputational matters.
- Develop stand out creative and engaging communications approaches which include traditional and non-traditional media, as well as social for both proactive and reactive campaigns.
- Create engaging and accurate news stories and features for the media.
- Draft speaking briefs and attend high profile engagements with senior leaders within the Club.
- Manage and attend player appearances, Club photocalls and manage these sessions in line with the photography/creative brief.
- Identify and engage appropriate key influencers to work with on a regular and ongoing basis
- Event management, including press conferences, promotional events and large scale Club events.
- Build relationships and networking links with colleagues, partners and media.
- Evaluate campaigns and approaches and create relevant evaluation reports for internal and external use.
- Forward plan and understand what assets and resources will be required for planned activity.
- Research to support Club campaigns/reactions.
- Act as a champion and advocate for the work of the Communications Team.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will have excellent writing skills and experience within a similar role in the communications sector. You will be able to work on multiple projects at once, able to prioritise your time efficiently and be a strategic thinker with great resilience. You will be able to produce creative and strategic communications and media plans, as well as being responsible and accountable for their activation and evaluation. In this role, it is important you are able to engage and build strong relationships with many internal and external stakeholders.
Interviews will be taking place the week commencing the 12th December 2022.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Your main base will be our Head Office in Liverpool City Centre which is close to local bars, shops and restaurants and has great views over the river Mersey.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
We aspire to be the most inclusive club in world football - providing fair and appropriate opportunities to as many people from different backgrounds as possible, being welcoming and meeting their needs as best we can. We are committed to hiring great people representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, not just because it`s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our Club stronger. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.