About the role
We are looking for an Academy Cover Doctor join our Liverpool FC team on a casual basis. In this role, you will report directly to the Academy Doctor and will have significant relationships with key members of the Club’s medical team and the wider team based at the Academy.
What will you be doing?
• Provide ad hoc cover for the Academy Doctor in the provision of all medical services for teams based at the Academy, across all age ranges, including the Elite Development Squad (EDS)
• Medical responsibility for Academy / EDS players health and fitness some fixtures, tours and other matches on an ad hoc basis.
• Ensure that all players (under remit) and medical staff are fully aware of FIFA/ UEFA regulations regarding drug use/ doping in sport and manage a programme of drug testing as directed.
• Actively collaborate with other medical staff regarding innovative issues in relation to injury related problems.
• Provide matchday medical cover including the management of injuries sustained during match.
• Report any injuries and doing a handover post-match to Head of Academy Medical.
• Action appropriate referrals to specialist where necessary
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will have 3 years post qualification as a doctor. You will have a GMC full registration and will hold either a MRCGP, MRCEM, MRCS or equivalent qualification. You will have experience of working in sport and pitch side with a knowledge of sports injuries and emergency scenarios. You will have in date ATMiFF/PHICIS qualifications as well as an in-date ALS.
Why should you apply?
This is a casual position, offering variable hours including evenings and weekends on a flexible assignment basis. This position will be based at the LFC Academy, in Kirkby, Merseyside, although travel across the region, nationally and internationally may also required from time to time.
You will be covered by club indemnity whilst working matches. This policy does not provide retrospective cover or cover for sport work outside of the times you are working with LFC.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.