About the role
We are looking for an individual with a background in coaching 5 – 11 year olds and who can be flexible to work across the week including evening and weekends to join our Academy team. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and delivering an inspirational development programme in line with the mission, vision, values, coaching and playing philosophies of LFC Academy – ‘The Liverpool Way’. You will provide a learning environment and maintain a culture that ensures the individual needs of players are met and that each individual achieves his football and personal development potential.
What will you be doing?
- Build and understand individual player profiles and create Individual Learning Plans for all players leading the support of the MDT.
- Coach and manage various age groups in games programme, friendly and tour/tournament matches (both domestic and abroad) maintaining and ensuring the highest possible standards.
- Contribute to performance reviews for all players including a formal report of conclusions and actions and deliver feedback to players in line with Academy protocols and expectations.
- Help with the design and evaluation of all coaching sessions.
- Take responsibility for all resources associated with training sessions and fixtures ensuring the highest possible standards.
- Understand the Academy Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines ensuring safer recruitment, safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an Anti-bullying environment.
- In conjunction with the lead coach take full responsibility for the safety and welfare of all players from the moment the players arrive on site until they depart, in line with the Code of Release Guidelines.
- Monitor potential safeguarding children risks and work with the Academy Safeguarding Officer, and the Head of Safeguarding for Liverpool Football Club to promote safer working practice throughout the Academy.
- Contribute to assisting coaching sessions within the school sports programme when required.
- Contribute to assisting coaching session in the pre academy, supporting the development of the players and coaches in line with the ‘Liverpool way’.
- Assess trialists at training and games when they are in and around the relevant age groups.
- Providing support to the exit/release procedure of Academy schoolboy players in the most effective manner and in line with any PL requirements.
- Work with and seek guidance from the Multi-Disciplinary Team, players, and parents.
- Develop strong working relationships with lead coaching staff in the design and delivery of coaching and games programme, on and off the field.
- Keep abreast of current trends and best practice in Youth Development, continually look for ways to develop and improve our development programme in all phases.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful, you will hold or be working towards UEFA B licence together with FA Youth Award Coaching qualifications; an UEFA A licence is desirable. You also hold relevant qualifications in Safeguarding and First Aid. You will have a significant track record of Coach/Player Development in Professional football with proven experience coaching 5 – 11 year-olds and ideally have experience of academy coaching. You'll have a modern progressive approach to coaching and learning and will have knowledge of current issues that impact upon the development of our young players. You can facilitate individual, small and large group classroom sessions effectively. You will have the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and can build effective and collaborative internal relationships. You must be able to work flexibly across the week including weekends and evenings.
Ideally, you would have had playing experience and a proven track record in the design/implementation and evaluation of a Player and Team Development programmes with a knowledge and understanding of the EPPP and high performing multi-disciplinary environments. A Teaching qualification would be beneficial.
Why should you apply?
This is a casual zero hours contract position, working variable hours across the week including evenings and weekends depending on the football calendar. Your main base will be our Academy, located in Kirkby.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.