About the role
Buyer and Product Developer – Hardware
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our LFC retail product department as a Buyer and Product Developer. In this role you will be responsible for developing and sourcing new and innovative product for seasonal LFC ranges including Homewares, Souvenirs, Sports Accessories, Gifting and more.
Working closely with Senior Management, Design Teams and Merchandising Teams the role involves the creation and purchase of engaging product offerings that deliver an on-brand message, in line with critical path deadlines and agreed budgets.
What will you be doing?
- Identify, develop and purchase innovative, commercial, customer focused and high-quality seasonal product ranges which focus on current and future market trends in line with the LFC brand.
- Managing the buying cycle from beginning to end, in accordance with the critical path, to ensure ranges are delivered on time
- Working with the Senior Manager and Senior Specialist - Design, to continue to generate new product ideas and offerings.
- Working with Manager – QA, to ensure that product, qc and ethical standards are met.
- Source, select and negotiate product ranges with supply base to obtain best in class product and meet product margin expectations. Managing relationships with suppliers on an ongoing basis, in addition to conducting trade show, showroom and factory visits as required.
- To prepare for and present at the relevant range reviews and sign off meetings, where senior commercial decision makers will approve products being presented. To then complete any follow up actions.
- To undertake trend analysis, competitor shopping and visit trade fairs, to enable product recommendations to be made and inform the development of new products and suppliers.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful you will have previous experience working as a buyer/product developer and of the global buying process, including Substantial experience of managing relevant categories and driving product innovation. You’ll have knowledge of a diverse range of hardware products and commercial awareness of the competitor market, including an understanding of consumer trends within the product categories. You will be able to demonstrate a grasp of buying budgets/spend and target price setting.
You will be able to showcase strong skill knowledge in negotiation, analytics, organisation, and excellent time management skills. You’ll be Highly proficient in Microsoft Office packages and can work in a fast-paced environment, including working on multiple priorities. You will all be able to demonstrate a keen interest in the business of football.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday. Your main base will be our Distribution Centre Office in Whiston.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.