About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join Liverpool Football Club as an Assistant Store Manager for our brand new retail store at Swords Pavilions Shopping Centre.
In this role, you will be responsible for the daily running of the store, and driving team performance and KPI’s to ensure an excellent service is delivered to our customers. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of something new and exciting which will contribute to the growth and development of LFC Retail in Ireland.
We are thrilled to be opening this new store in Swords and we’re looking for an Assistant Store Manager with proven team leadership and commercial experience along with a desire to develop their Career with the LFC family.
Its an exciting time to be a part of LFC, with our amazing collaborations with LeBron, Nike and Converse. The most recent limited-edition capsule collection is a celebration of the diverse and creative nature of the club’s beating heart – it’s supporters.
What will you be doing?
- Open and close the store, carry out till counts, investigate, resolve, action or escalate any till losses or discrepancies, cashing up, safe counts, banking and manage Securicor collections.
- Manage the shopfloor and back-office areas, including queues, customer issues, stock availability issues and printing issue.
- Ensure all deliveries are received and processed in the most efficient manner and the shopfloor is commercially merchandised.
- Provide the store team with direction and guidance to complete daily tasks and achieve targets.
- In conjunction with the Store Manager, manage the store team’s performance daily and manage any store and/or staff issues to successful conclusion.
- Support the Store Manager to ensure that your store is effectively resourced to meet the needs of the store and customer base at key trading times including planning rotas and the recruitment of employees.
- Make decisions that will generate sales and enhance store profitability.
- Complete all paperwork and store actions to deliver consistent results above the retail benchmark for Store Compliance Audits.
- Deliver refresher training to the existing store team, whilst supporting the induction and training of new store team members.
- Coordinate shopfloor moves and any promotional activities and product launches, for example Kit launch and taking responsibility for any key actions in preparation for match days.
- Oversee the transfer of stock to other stores or the Distribution Centre, ensuring all paperwork is completed and the stock is tracked.
- Oversee the completion of stock counts and stock takes.
- Undertake all tasks in accordance with our retail standards and to participate in regular meetings and training.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful, you will have proven experience of working in a managerial position within retail or similar setting. It is desirable you have experience managing and working within a clothing retail background. You will have excellent team leadership skills with experience of motivating, coaching and supervising staff together with the ability to provide direction and drive performance.
You will be customer focused, commercially aware and you’ll have knowledge of retail stores and retail operations together with a track record of achieving targets and meeting KPI’s. You will have strong product knowledge and understand what makes an excellent shopping experience for the customer.
You will have good organisational skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure. You’ll have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as numerical/analytical skills with the ability to understand and interpret figures.
Why should you apply?
Liverpool FC Retail is a multi-channel operation, and we now have 7 stores located at the Anfield Stadium, Williamson Square, Chester, Belfast, Liverpool One, Dublin and this new upcoming location in Swords. Liverpool FC Retail has one of the most comprehensive product ranges in world football; we carry at least a thousand different products at one time, which rises during peak trading.
This is a full-time permanent role working 40 hours per week on a 5 from 7-day basis. Your main base will be at Swords Pavilions Shopping Centre. We are expecting the opening to be at the beginning of December 2023 with inductions and staff training starting November 2023.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, a pension scheme and life assurance. This opportunity will offer career development within LFC.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.