About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the Liverpool FC Women’s team as an Assistant Manager to support and help build a successful winning First Team, in line with the ‘Liverpool Way’.
What will you be doing?
- Attend all training sessions and matches played by the Club.
- Support the implementation of a training programme in line with player development guidelines and ensure high standards of coaching delivery across the First Team.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to support the creation of an outstanding learning and development environment for all players.
- Assist with individual player feedback, creation of individual development plans, and creation/delivery of position specific practices.
- Analyse opposition teams and provide relevant feedback to the First Team Manager in preparation for upcoming fixtures.
- Help support player recruitment strategy in collaboration with the First Team Manager, working group, consulting with key stakeholders and in adherence to budget.
- Attend any relevant meetings and carry out any other duties as requested by the First Team Manager.
- Support the Club in adherence to The FA standards for safeguarding children.
- Proactively work towards creating an inclusive culture which promotes diversity.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will have experience of coaching elite players in a professional football environment and hold a UEFA A licence. You will have proven ability to create and develop a high-performance environment alongside excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with all key stakeholders. The right candidate will have experience of working in the FA Women’s Super League and/or FA Women’s Championship, along with existing relationships within the women’s football pyramid and show an ongoing commitment to continuous professional development.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 35 hours per week, working 5 in 7. Your main base will be our Melwood site. Due to the nature of Women’s football, you must be willing to work flexibly, including evenings, weekends and can travel independently.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.