About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Football Admin Team as an Assistant Club Secretary. In this role you will provide administrative support to the Club Secretary in the delivery of football administration activities to ensure the Club complies with the regulatory requirements of the PL, FA, EFL UEFA and FIFA, focusing specifically on fixture management.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for all match day arrangements for LFC Men’s First Team Fixtures, including but not limited to, correspondence with Match Officials, Visiting Club Team, and Officials / Directors, LFC Officials, Directors, and Guests. Management of the ‘Football Allocation’ within the Board Room and management of all Directors Box Seating and VIP Football Guests.
- Management of all external scout requests for Men’s First Team Matches, into the Club.
- Management of all pre and post-match administrative tasks as required, including – updating team operations (including kit) details into IFAS (PL), Match Arrangement Forms FAC), production of Gate Statements (EFLC and FAC), maintenance of all team details in TIME (UEFA).
- Assist in all UEFA match day operations including working with UEFA venue team and Visiting / Home Clubs as and when required.
- Attendance at all home domestic fixtures and UEFA fixtures and Away UEFA Fixtures as and when required.
- Attendance at overseas site visit for fixtures deemed ‘high risk’ for LFC in order to support the Club Secretary with accurate accounting of minutes and key information.
- Development of the Clubs disciplinary database.
- Dissemination of all fixture amendments to internal departments.
- Provide support to the Club Secretary in communications for all governing bodies and organisations involved in governance of the Club, including the Premier League, EFL, UEFA, FIFA, PGMO, ECA, LMA & PFA.
- Providing support to the Club Secretary on all major finals and projects as and when required. Including responsibility for all protocol arrangements in relation to major finals.
- To manage and respond with general enquiries received in the office via post, email and telephone.
- Assisting with inputting updates to the staff list on the Staff Registration System
- (Supplementing processes for UEFA Licensing etc); maintaining up to date records for key employees in line with UEFA licensing requirements.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful you will have excellent organisation and administrative skills, with the ability to prioritise work and work on multiple tasks at the same time. You will be able to converse with other clubs and organisations in order to meet the requirements of an elite level sport team, and have the ability to organise, schedule and adapt work tasks to meet conflicting deadlines and respond to changing situations. You will be able to convey information accurately, clearly and simply in a manger clearly understood and to demonstrate professionalism, confidence and the highest levels of discretion.
You will be proactively identifying and builds sustainable relationships with key stakeholders and creates and effective network of colleagues and contacts both inside and outside the business, whilst also being confident, reliable and assertive when required.
You’ll have an understanding of the different external governing bodies and organisations and the different roles they play within professional sports. A good understanding of the requirements of an elite level sporting organisation and knowledge of professional football regulations, including rules governing on-pitch discipline and fixtures managements.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week on a 5 out of 7 basis with weekend work and evening work as and when required. Your main base will be located in Kirkby.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
We aspire to be the most inclusive club in world football - providing fair and appropriate opportunities to as many people from different backgrounds as possible, being welcoming and meeting their needs as best we can. We are committed to hiring great people representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, not just because it`s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our Club stronger. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.