About the role
Here at Liverpool Football Club, we are recruiting for an Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineer who will be responsible for service, repairs and PPMs, fault finding and general maintenance, to all air conditioning and refrigeration systems at Anfield Stadium.
What will you be doing?
- Undertake maintenance, fault finding, and repair works to all HVAC and Refrigeration systems on time and compliant to current F-Gas regulations.
- Working with other trades as part of the maintenance team to carry out general repairs throughout the stadium, manage maintenance repairs, leak checking for prevention of emissions under f-gas regulations.
- Manage and oversee external contractors/ projects ensuring works are carried out satisfactory within agreed time scales with minimum disruption to the business.
- First response to all system and plant breakdowns carry out fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Daily manage and input to building management system to ensure all control systems running efficiently and on time.
- Carry out new installations of air conditioning, heating and refrigeration systems and project works as required.
- Provide stadium management with recommendations for life cycle replacements and system upgrades to help forecast budgets expenditure.
- On match or event days, work alongside the broader Stadium Operations Team to facilitate outstanding service delivery across the entire stadium, ensuring the best possible supporter experience in all areas.
- Manage and oversee external contractors ensuring their works are satisfactorily completed with minimum disruption to the business.
- Ensure all critical systems are tested and operational prior to match day and any additional events.
- Maintaining suitable inventories of tools, spares, and consumables.
- Any other duties reasonably expected of the post.
Who are we looking for?
- Applicants who hold a NVQ Level 2 or City and Guilds equivalent in refrigeration and AC, an F-Gas 2079- Cat 1, and previous experience in the trade.
- Experience of chilled water and direct expansion refrigeration and Air conditioning systems and related ventilating systems.
- Experience of construction and function of mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic control systems used on heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning equipment.
- Understand electrical regulations pertaining to heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems.
- Understand fire and safety regulations and practices pertaining to heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning trade.
- Experience and knowledge of identifying faults/flaws from complex drawings.
- Full clean drivers’ licence.
- Capable of carrying out PPMs on all commercial AC and Refrigeration systems.
IPAF Mobile Platform Operation License, PASMA Mobile Scaffold Erection License, CSCS Trade Card, and City & Guilds 2382 BS7671 18th Edition Electrical Regulations Certificate, would be beneficial but is not essential for this role.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time permanent role working 40 hours per week, 5 from 7 days, including evenings and weekends. Your main base will be our Anfield Stadium.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code, and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.